Tuesday 9 November 2010

Sydney, hello again


Sydney, hello again
Well, I've arrived in Australia. Flight was a little bit delayed last night due to the fact that the fuel gauge wasn't working......

Arrived at about 9pm here to be met by my sister, mum and dad at Sydney airport. A short drive into town brought us to my home for the next 9 days, the Medina Grand on Kent Street. It is a large building and I am on the 12th floor in my one bedroomed apartment which is really nice. I have a fully fitted kitchen, lounge area, seperate bedroom and bathroom with washing machine and tumble dryer. The picture is taken from my front door looking across towards the balcony.


I spent my time last night leisurely unpacking and generally getting sorted, before going out just after midnight to find a shop, surprisingly easy as there's one on the next corner which is open 24hours. Stocked up my cupboards with what is basically breakfast and snacky food.


I spoke to my wife on Skype and decided that I would stay up late and speak to my Luke and Harry as well, so at 2.30am I saw them all. Missing them loads but it was good to see and speak to them all. Harry seemed to still recognise me and was babbling away to the screen, Luke was more interested in what was on television behind him and my wife was as gorgeous as ever.


Anyway, it's Wednesday now and my current plans involve going to hunt down a suit for the wedding which is on Friday, going for a meal tonight with the rest of the wedding party at somewhere called George's Mediterranean in Darling Harbour. Other than that my days are my own, will be doing a lot of wandering about exploring Sydney.


At the top of this post is a picture taken from my balcony of the Sydney Tower in the low cloud and I will leave you with another view taken from the same balcony.....




No comments: