Sunday 7 November 2010

Off I go again

It's been a while - 2 and a half years I think. I'm going to try and write about my travels again. This time it's a bit different, no big family adventure to the other side of the world with a wife and child. Regrettably I have had to leave them behind this time due to financial, school and new addition to the family pressure. Our family is now four strong, my long suffering wife Claire, our now 6 year old Luke, our newest addition Harry who is now 8 months old and myself.

The call has come to return to Australia, this time for my sister's wedding in 5 days time. We decided when we found out that we would not take eldest out of school and we did not want to fly to Australia with an 8 month old. So here I am, sat in a hotel at Heathrow, alone and waiting for a flight in the morning that will take me to the other side of the world.

Do I want to go? Yes....
Do I wish that my wife and two boys were coming along? Yes....

But common sense prevails and I am heading off on my own. I hope that they miss me as much as I will miss them.

I will return in 11 days time and although I have some good times to look forward to in the next couple of weeks, the part I most look forward to is being reunited with my family.

I will try to keep this blog going although Claire will be the first to tell you that I'm fairly useless when it comes to being organised. I will try to keep it factual and share the experience for those that cannot be there.

Write again on the other side of the world....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: