Thursday 7 February 2008

'Red and Green should never be seen'

Today we are all very red (sun burnt) and we have a slight tinge of green (Avon factor 40 - mum did warn me). I think we'll be ditching the factor 40 - Lee and I currently look like we've been printing our own money as the dye in the cream has stuck to our hands, one bottle exploded in Luke's case on the way here and I'm unsure if it will come out of the clothes.

Today has been hotter and the resort is much the same as Bournemouth on a Bank Holiday - lots of extended families and groups of 12 men wandering around. We limited Luke to an hour in the pool after breakfast (all wearing t-shirts and a thick layer of green cream) and dragged him away kicking and screaming. We then decided to go to Underwater World which is just outside the hotel - the ticket includes a trip to Dolphin lagoon, wish we'd known that yesterday - we spent most of the time comparing it to the Deep in Hull (and the Deep came out tops) the difference being that here you can stick your hands in the tank and feed the fish (we didn't) and the rays. Then we came to the main highlight - a travelator that takes you through several tunnels under the tanks this lasted about 10 minutes (and was much better than the Deep) - I hope the video footage comes out. When we came out we couldn't move for people so decided against the bus across the island to the dolphin lagoon - it was probably a 30 min wait - and headed back to the hotel.

Luke promptly fell asleep - I hope he hasn't got sunstroke - so Lee and I treated ourselves to a hand and foot massage at the spa. We sat together and I think Lee got the short straw as his woman kept slapping and pummelling his legs. I think it should be compulsory for everyone after a long haul flight!

Suitably chilled we now feel up to the Krypton Factor challenge of repacking the cases with everything we've bought, ready for an early night and a 5am alarm call!

This time tomorrow we'll be in Sydney!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see you all tomorrow - I dont even care what colour you are....although hope by then you will not be as brown as me!!! Love to you all, safe flight...see you in Sydney! Kay xxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the detailed itinnery everything sound just out of this world.

Glad you are all enjoying the trip so much.

Dad is feeding the menagerie - when I let him out of the loft.

Good luck with the packing and the flights tomorrow/today?

MumR